If you could do one thing right now that would drastically improve the return on investment from your marketing dollars it would be to create landing pages on your website.
The purpose of landing pages are to generate leads.
Landing pages or squeeze pages are simply website pages that allow you to capture a visitor’s information through the use of a web form. The page revolves around a marketing offer, such as a free eBook download or access to a recorded webinar. It’s purpose is to capture visitor information in exchange for the valuable offer.
Good landing pages are targeted to a specific audience.
Many companies will send their email, social media and search traffic to their website homepage. Talk about throwing leads away! You could be capturing leads at a much higher rate simply by sending these visitors to targeted landing pages.
Good landing pages will be targeted to a specific audience or offer. An example might be the traffic from an email marketing campaign that’s promoting an free report download offer. Another example might be the visitors from an offline marketing campaign (maybe a postcard mail out or the ultimate offline lead generation tool) that’s promoting access to a recorded webinar. This is why it’s important to create unique landing pages for each offer you create.
Landing pages can be used to generate leads from many kinds of offers.
There’s many different kinds of marketing offers you can use landing pages to generate leads from. Some examples are:
- eBook download landing page
- whitepaper download landing page
- webinar registration landing page
- free trial offer landing page
- product demo landing page
- consultation session landing page
Key components of effective landing pages.
There are a number of important pieces that help a landing page effectively convert a high percentage of visitors into leads. The components required include:
- a strong, attention-getting headline
- benefit-focused content on the page
- meta descriptions and keywords
- social sharing links (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+)
- hidden website navigation
- web form with only essential fields
- strong thank you / download page
- email responder that thanks the lead and provides a link to the offer
Creating a landing page or squeeze page allows you to target a specific audience, offer them something of value, and convert a portion of your website visitors into leads.
Have questions about Landing Pages?
Call us at 1-888-450-1859 or locally at 780-450-1859. We’re happy to help. = )
please be a resource to them and share this page.